Character Skinning Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Naughty Dog is looking for a Character Skinning Artist to work on characters for our next production.
In this role, you will provide support throughout the character production process. You will be working closely with artists on the character team; using our tools and rigs to skin character bodies and faces, and taking them through the full export pipeline.
- Use predefined character rigs and tools to effectively skin both bodies and faces on character assets
- Work with the team to create balanced solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues
- Work with other technical artists and tools developers in the continual improvement of our processes
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game and/or movie development
- Advanced knowledge in Maya is preferred
- Understanding of human body and facial anatomy as it relates to game assets and topology
- Good understanding of development workflows as they relate to getting character assets into game engines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work closely in a team setting with other departments
- A reel/portfolio demonstrating solid Maya Skinning (human & animals)
- Additional skills in secondary areas such as character art/modelling
- Knowledge of Rig creation and character topology as it relates to animation
- Coding experience
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org