You are a gamer and a sound professional who has a unique passion for making worlds come alive. You are a self-starter who accepts challenges by applying creative problem solving techniques. You are a story teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You perform best when you are a part of a team that works and plays together in concert. You are driven to improve and better understand your craft, rarely finding solace in ‘good enough.’
- Imagine, create and deliver innovative sound design that enhances the narrative of our games
- Work closely with the Audio Lead to help shape our game’s audio vocabulary, style and standards
- Plan, script, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, complex aesthetic behaviors
- Work successfully within the established ND sound department model of teamwork throughout the development process and pipeline
Requirements & Skills:
- 5+ years game audio experience with at least one shipped AAA credit – additional experience in linear post-production is a major plus!
- Expert command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus
- ADR and Foley experience – able to plan and supervise recording sessions if required
- Fielding Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical
- Excellent communication skills – able to give and request assistance with problems and issues across the development team
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration, sharing and mentoring - you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org