Twitter giveaways soon! and Anniversary Event stats!
In partnership with our good friends at the PlayStation.Blog, we've combined forces (and blog posts) to reveal some stats from our recent Anniversary Event and give you a heads up on a sweet Twitter giveaway that's right around the corner!
By| Twitter | Friday October 22 2010
In partnership with our good friends at the PlayStation.Blog, we've combined forces (and blog posts) to reveal some stats from our recent Anniversary event and Last weekend, we held our first Anniversary Event to celebrate one year since the release of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, and I think we’d be understating things to say it was anything but a rousing success! All of us at Naughty Dog wanted to thank everyone (again) who went online to participate in our Anniversary Event – getting the Anniversary Drake skin, along with mega-cash, in return – and made it such a special day for the Dogs to spend with our fan community. We pulled a few amazing stats from the Anniversary Event we thought you’d like to know:
- We recorded over 2.5 man years of game time in a period of just 24 hours (1 game that lasts 20 minutes = 20 minutes, regardless of how many players in the game)
- Those 2.5 years came from 1,079,850 player games (10 players in a game = 10 player games)
- We also saw 12,376,755 kills during our Anniversary Event (that’s strictly pvp – NPC kills in co-op games aren’t recorded)
- Everyone benefited from the 5x cash bonus and no cash cap, accumulating a collective $49 BILLION in in-game cash – which would rank UNCHARTED 2 about #70 in the list of countries by GDP
- I only completed 66% of my 24 hour straight personal challenge (total #FAIL)
Last week also saw the release of the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition (psst! you can order your copy here or visit your local brick and mortar), although a few of our eagle eyed community members noticed that our most recent DLC releases – the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack and UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme – wasn’t included as part of the value-priced, DLC-packed retail release. To rectify this, we’re going to hold a few giveaways really soon to give our fans – release-day veterans or GOTY Edition newbs – a shot at snagging both these DLC releases! Follow @PlayStation and @Naughty_Dog on Twitter and keep a close watch next week for more details!