Environment Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience modeling environments for games using Maya, or related experience/software
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed, being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes, listening to team mates
- Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so he meets all the deadlines and is able to adjust when changes happen
- Foundation in the traditional arts
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.