Environment Texture Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
- Texture game environments using a library of materials
- Generate new materials using a proprietary in-house shader editor
- UV layout for tiling and 0-1 mapped textures
- Collaborate closely with 3D modelers and game designers
- Match art styles defined by the art director/concept art
- Manage texture and shader efficiency
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience working on environments for games using Maya, or related experience/software
- Strong traditional drawing/painting skills
- Ability to sculpt and paint highly detailed 3D and 2D images
- Proficient at sculpting surface details and controlling shader features that represent a wide variety of material types
- Ability to create proper UV layout and tiling textures for games
- Working experience with shader networks
- Working experience with baking textures from high res meshes
- Strong Maya skills
- Strong Zbrush skills
- A solid understanding of procedural texturing techniques
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.