Cinematic Lighting Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner, DZConneX.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
We are looking for talented artists who will be able to light in-game cinematics that can meet Naughty Dog standards.
- Develop lighting schemes for characters and environment working closely with Directors and the Concept Art team
- Collaborate with the Level Lighting team to establish smooth integration of in-game cinematics with gameplay
- Collaborate with multiple departments to determine that the in-game cinematics run within the memory budget without sacrificing the look
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven industry experience in Film or Games
- General competency in industry standard software such as Autodesk Maya and Nuke
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, color, contrast, and shading
- Strong artistic skills to interpret concept art and color keys to recreate the mood and atmosphere in a game environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to work under pressure while completing time-sensitive projects
- The ability to contribute in improving the lighting pipeline
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.