Associate Producer (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is seeking an Associate Producer to play an integral role in organizing and coordinating our AAA projects. This candidate will help develop the studio's production processes and assist in the management of the day-to-day coordination across multiple disciplines.
- Partner with the production team and discipline leads to develop and maintain specific project efforts and discipline plans
- Schedule and maintain tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams
- Break down large complex tasks into meaningful sub-tasks and track team progress
- Manage communication between disciplines and team members for specific project efforts
- Identify all groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involve them - proactively solicit their input and follow up through execution
- Help onboard new hires, and work with Production Leadership to mentor junior members of the Production team
- Improve our games by participating in internal playtests and communicating feedback to the relevant stakeholders
- Work with the tools team to advance the development of our production-related software
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in game production with one or more published titles
- Experience with Microsoft Office/GSuite, and task tracking software. Intermediate experience with spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multitask
- Communication skills with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- AAA experience a plus
- Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc
- Experience with a variety of project management tools (Jira, Shotgun, Microsoft Project, or any other scheduling/task-tracking software)