UI Visual Designer (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
- Responsible for creating highly polished visual designs, graphical assets, iteration designs and animations from concept to execution
- Report and follow direction to maintain a cohesive aesthetic working closely with UI/UX lead, and directors to contribute to Naughty Dog franchises
- Experience collaborating across disciplines with an inclusive approach to solve complex user-experience challenges
- Follow through with other teams to ensure elements are implemented and functioning as designed
- Be able to easily communicate intentions and needs to various departments
- Assist UI Scripters and Engineers with implementing assets
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Professional level of UI or graphic design skills (Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or other related accreditation or similar work experience)
- Self-sufficient, able to manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Understanding of branded design, design fundamentals, and a clean design aesthetic
- Illustrative skills with the ability to work within a range of art styles and hit a desired aesthetic
- Proficient with industry standard programs (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Able to communicate and advocate for user-centered design approach with other teams
- Familiarity with UI editors (Unity, Unreal or other)
- Knowledge of motion design, animation, 3d modeling, After Effects, Sketch
- Good Illustrative skills
- Branding design experience
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Passion for UI, UX, art, game design, and gaming
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to complete a design test. To be considered, candidates must provide an online portfolio with AAA game related projects, highlighting multiple projects and direct contributions.