For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is expanding our production team! We’re looking for an experienced Lead Producer to elevate our team’s capabilities. Your ultimate goal will be to define the production process and project roadmap for one of our upcoming AAA games, but your experience will also help develop the skillset and culture of the Production Team and our relationship with the rest of the studio.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of project management skills, communication skills, and a passion for making games – but more than anything, the empathy to inspire the team and rally support around our shared vision!
- Establish, maintain, and execute the schedule and production processes for one of our flagship projects
- Ensure cross-department visibility is clear and dependencies are properly tracked. Ensure the impact of scope changes is understood, and the ramifications are clearly communicated
- Directly manage Producers, Associate Producers and Coordinators assigned to your project. Set goals, drive day-to-day tasking, and manage career growth
- Guide the rest of the production team and the discipline leads to implement the project plan
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the rest of the production team and discipline leads on project status, risks, dependencies, and opportunities
- Collaborate with studio leadership to ensure appropriate staffing to meet budget and project goals
- Identify risks and opportunities far ahead of time. Implements solutions independently and collaboratively
- Establish our usage of project tracking tools to maintain a constant awareness of game status and improve our creative processes
- Reinforce the studio’s cultural pillars and other studio initiatives. Establish production methodologies, but also individual initiatives, that reinforce the things that make Naughty Dog a great place to work
- Serve as a mentor and provide leadership, information, and resources to new and existing production team members
- Maintain a constant awareness of game content status and quality through regular play sessions. Evaluate project scope and make recommendations to the Creative Director, Game Director, and studio leadership
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience on large scale, 150+ person AAA games through all phases of production from concept to release
- At least one shipped title as a Lead Producer
- At least 8 years of experience in an internal development environment in a production role
- Expertise in common Production methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) as well as software (Jira, Shotgun, Excel, Project, Confluence, or equivalents)
- Expert knowledge of game development, software development process, and project management practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, on both a personal and team level
- Self-starter; you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision