For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is growing our production team!
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Producer to elevate our team’s capabilities. Your ultimate goal will be to define the production processes and project roadmap for one of our upcoming AAA games, but your experience will also help develop the abilities and culture of the Production Team and our relationship with the rest of the studio.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a deep understanding of the complexities of game development and a track record of building processes to help the team achieve their highest potential. You'll bring your organizational skills, understanding of communication pipelines, and passion for making games - and above all, your empathy to inspire the team and rally support for our shared vision!
- Establish, maintain, and implement the schedule and production processes for one of our flagship projects
- Ensure cross-department visibility is clear and dependencies are accurately tracked. Ensure the impact of scope changes is understood, and the ramifications are clearly communicated
- Directly manage Producers, Associate Producers and Coordinators assigned to your project. Set goals, drive day-to-day tasking, and support career growth
- Guide the production team and the department leads to implement the project plan
- Help build effective communication structures for the studio, and keep collaborators advised on project status, risks, dependencies, and opportunities
- Identify risks and opportunities far ahead of time. Implements solutions independently and collaboratively
- Partner with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and inclusive environment
- Maintain a constant awareness of game content status and quality through regular play sessions. Evaluate project scope and make recommendations to the Creative Director, Game Director, and studio leadership
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience on large scale, 150+ person AAA games through all phases of production from concept to release. At least one shipped title as a Lead Producer
- Expertise in common Production methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) as well as software (Jira, Shotgun, Excel, Project, Confluence, or equivalents)
- Expert knowledge of video game development, software development process, and project management practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, on both a personal and team level
- Self-starter; approaches challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision