For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is expanding our production team! We’re looking for an experienced Producer to elevate our team’s capabilities. Your goal will be to help define the production processes and schedule for one of our upcoming AAA games, dedicated to a specific department or pipeline. Your experience will also help develop the skillset and culture of the Production Team and our relationship with the rest of the studio.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of project management skills, communication skills, and a passion for making games – but more than anything, the empathy to inspire the team and rally support for our shared vision!
- Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps. Ensure the team is on track with their deliverables
- Communicate frequently and effectively with key stakeholders on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Ensure cross-department visibility is clear and dependencies are properly tracked. Ensure the impact of scope changes is understood, and the ramifications are clearly communicated
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the production management processes to increase studio efficiency and quality
- Serve as a mentor and provide leadership, information, and resources to new and existing production team members
- Work with the tools team to advance the development of our production-related software
- Maintain a constant awareness of game status through regular play sessions. Evaluate project scope and make recommendations to the Creative Director, Game Director, and studio leadership
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- AAA games experience is a must
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects
- Expertise in common Production methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) as well as software (Jira, Shotgun, Excel, Project, Confluence, or equivalents)
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, on both a personal and team level
- Self-starter. Approaches challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- An active listener. Makes decisions based on data
- A proactive outward attitude. Consistently professional, respectful, and approachable