Level Lighting Artist
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
The Level lighting artist will be creating lighting and post effects for background lighting.
- Develop the lighting scheme, color-palette, post-processing-fx, and general visual mood that turns unlit 3-D environment models into awesome looking and visually compelling 3D game environments
- Work with modelers and texture/shader artists to optimize the visual look and run-time performance of the Environments
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- 1-3 years of industry experience in Film or Games generating final picture
- Has shipped at least one AAA game
- Excellent competency in Autodesk Maya and knowledge of Global Illumination
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance / exposure and color-theory
- Proven work experience with generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting is desired
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.