For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is growing our production team!
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Producer to elevate the production methodologies we use to support the Programming team. You’ll work with the programmers to understand their needs, and develop processes to improve communication, scheduling, and overall quality of life; all while developing the kind of ground-breaking video games we're famous for. Your experience will also help develop the skills and culture of the Production Team and our relationship with the rest of the studio.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a deep understanding of the complexities of game programming and a track record of building processes to help the team achieve their highest potential. You'll bring your organizational skills, understanding of communication pipelines, and passion for making games - and above all, your empathy to inspire the team and rally support for our shared vision!
- Define the processes used to support the programming team – and make sure they’re the RIGHT processes for Naughty Dog’s culture of innovation
- Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps. Ensure the team stays on track toward their goals
- Communicate frequently and effectively with key collaborators on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Ensure cross-department visibility is clear and dependencies are properly tracked. Ensure the impact of scope changes is understood, and the ramifications are clearly communicated
- Serve as a mentor and provide leadership, information, and resources to new and existing production team members
- Collaborate with the tools team to advance the development of our production-related software, and get hands-on with implementing improvements
- Partner with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and inclusive environment
- Maintain a constant awareness of game status through regular play sessions. Evaluate project scope and make recommendations to the Creative Director, Game Director, and programming leadership
Requirements & Skills:
- AAA games experience is a must
- Proven experience in a production role where you've supported programming teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects
- Expertise in common Production methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) as well as software (Jira, ShotGrid, Excel, Microsoft Project, Confluence, or equivalents)
- Solid understanding of video game development, software development process, and project management practices
- A deep familiarity with programming practices and the ability to understand the intricacies and scope of work
- Self-starter. Approaches challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- An active listener. Makes decisions based on data
- A proactive outward demeanor. Consistently professional, respectful, and approachable
- Hands-on programming experience; particularly video game programming
- Administration or scripting experience in production software (Jira, etc.)