For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll be continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences!
Naughty Dog is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our IT team in supporting our Windows environment, core infrastructure, and development teams. This position will be the main point of contact for administration of Windows systems and core infrastructure as well as provide tier 3 support to all members of the studio. The ideal candidate will have an experienced technical background, exceptional customer service skills, collaborates well in a team environment, and is well versed in all matters of hardware and software within a Windows environment. The ideal candidate would also have a strong passion for researching, deploying, and supporting groundbreaking hardware and software solutions. If you are interested in supporting and learning from some of the most passionate people in the industry, taking on new challenges, and being an integral part of developing great games we would love to hear from you.
- Serve as the technical expert in system administration for Windows operating systems
- Day-to-day administration of infrastructure, applications, user accounts, Windows systems, and tools such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
- Performance monitoring and maintaining of system performance, IT system operations, internal tools, and storage utilization
- Ongoing technical analysis of server and desktop systems to determine appropriate improvements
- Administration and support for various applications such Enterprise Office 365, Slack, Zoom, MS Teams, JIRA, Parsec, etc.
- Creation deployment and management of Group Policies
- Maintenance and analysis of domain security
- Configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Windows servers
- Configuration, deployment, and maintenance of database servers and repositories
- Racking and installation of server and networking equipment
- Patching and updating workstation, server, and networking equipment
- Create and maintain installation, procedure, and support documentation
- Collaborate with the helpdesk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identifying root causes, and provide advanced technical support to users when needed
- Collaborate with studio team members and partners to ensure IT standards are followed
- Collaborate with the greater SIE teams and partner studios to facilitate ongoing project collaboration
- Provide mentorship and training to other members of the IT team
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years’ experience administrating and supporting Windows infrastructure in large organizations or enterprise environments
- Must have experience running a highly distributed, Windows-based production, or studio environment
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, MCSE certification, or equivalent education + experience
- Expert understanding of Windows server 2012 and later
- Expert troubleshooting skills for server and desktop hardware
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and HTTP
- Strong understanding of Intel and AMD Server Hardware
- Strong understanding of imaging and software deployment tools
- Proficient in a scripting language such as PowerShell or Python to automate tasks
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure as code
- Experience with vulnerability management solutions such as Qualys
- Experience with project and incident tracking systems such as JIRA, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience with OKTA or similar access management platforms
- Experience with backup systems
- Experience with analytics and interactive visualization web applications such as Grafana or Prometheus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to be on-call to cover out of hours support for the studio should the need arise
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
Bonus Skills: (Optional)
- Familiarity with Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with Linux Ubuntu
- Familiarity with Netapp hardware
- Experience with terminal services
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with cloud AWS management
- A passion for games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and gender reassignment), race (including color, nationality, ethnic, national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or parental status, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.