Why Naughty Dog?
For nearly 40 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. We’ve been busy at the Kennel, most recently releasing The Last of Us Part I, a complete and faithful remake of the original game, rebuilt from the ground up and fully optimized for the PlayStation 5 and currently in development for PC. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll be continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog games have long been lauded for their evocative, character-driven stories and attention to detail. We are committed to innovation within our games and as such have curated some of the top creative and technically innovative minds in the industry. We welcome diverse candidates and believe that a broad range of cultural and life experiences contribute to the overall well-being and success of the studio and the titles we craft together.
Naughty Dog is looking to hire a Senior Community Manager to join our growing Communications Team.
The Communications Team is the steward of the identity and reputation of Naughty Dog and its portfolio of best-selling, award-winning games. Our team’s area of responsibility encompasses all aspects of external and internal communications by ourselves or in partnership with our colleagues at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
This individual will be responsible for building and executing community and social media engagement strategies on behalf of the studio and our growing bench of IP’s. This individual will also be directly involved with not only building long and short-term strategies and implementation thereof, but also interfacing with our fans and community on behalf of Naughty Dog – inclusive of updates, requests, and addressing questions – through various media channels. We are looking for somebody that wants to continuously evolve to meet the needs of our growing community and are excited about what you can bring to the table.
- Creates, develops, and executes strategy for involving and engaging the community, including content outside-of-game events
- Craft and development content across social platforms in tandem with Social Media Manager
- Strategize social media tactics that connect fans with the game and craft engaging and informative content to cultivate the community, ensuring tactical execution and communications stay aligned with the development process and vision of our games
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for each platform on social channels; in support of season launches, new feature releases, partnerships, and all live ops events
- Track and advance social media or community related issues in an expeditious manner to internal partners, like bugs, issues with releases, trends, or sentiment problems and feedback
- Build relationships with community partners; identify and foster relationships with advocates and passionate influencers to amplify our campaigns
- Monitor online discussions and events to ensure Naughty Dog is participating and represented, including responding opportunistically or reactively as the situation requires
- Develop a reporting process for internal teams including overall sentiment, engagement, measurement for tactics, and other community highlights showcasing our studio or IP, as requested
- Represent the voice of our community back to internal Naughty Dog and PlayStation conversations, providing status, feedback, and recommendations
- Develop a reporting process for studio stakeholders including overall community sentiment, engagement measurement for tactics, and other community highlights showcasing our studio or IP, as requested
- Collaborate with the Studio Marketing Producer on the overall digital and community social strategy for the studio. Be directly responsible for executing associated tactics to drive the strategy. This includes content and curation for our official studio website and social channels
- In collaboration with Social Media Manager, strategize social media tactics that connect fans with the game and craft engaging and informative content to cultivate the community, ensuring tactical execution and communications stay aligned with the development process and vision of our games
- Develop written content; coordinate the creation of assets and additional content, as needed to support plans
- Acts as the community’s voice and advocate within the development team, and helps our Leads ensure that Naughty Dog is listening to and reacting appropriately to player feedback
- Be the community expert on the team, able to help the team decide what is most important to players and help in brainstorming and creating assets that appeal to our fanbase
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in community management and/or mixed experience in communications with large consumer/tech brands
- Proficient in current social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and third-party social tools for content management, listening, and analytics, such as: Spredfast, Khoros, SocialBakers, Radian6, Sprinklr, etc. - with working knowledge of HTML and web content management systems
- Strong social networks/community knowledge
- Proven ability to partner optimally with cross-functional disciplines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in graphic and video design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc., in order to create and publish art assets
- Passion for games, digital, internet, social and interactive entertainment
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products.
Please note depending on employment type these benefits may vary.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.